18.12.06

Happy Endings

I cannot remember feeling this ambivalent about a semester's end before. Maybe I finally internalised the fact that at this time next year, I will be graduating.
It might also be that I met so many great people in my classes this semester. We toiled and commiserated and whispered irrelevant comments for three months, and now what? In January we'll say "Hi" when we pass each other on campus, in February we'll smile, and in March we'll give each other quizzical glances and wonder, Do I know that person?
Obviously, I'm not that great at leaping from colleague to friend. If I were Roz, I would have invited all of my friendly classmates over to my house before Thanksgiving. But I'm not Roz, and now the semester's over. Over!
There's so much I should have said and so much I should have done. I hope I haven't thrown away a chance for something wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home