5.4.07

BYU Protest on Al Jazeera: Mindblowing Moment of the Week

I didn't think the protest was that exciting. I mean, I desperately wished I had a camera phone for the first time in my life, but it was peaceful, of moderate size, nothing huge.
I thought.
Apparently Al Jazeera thought the quiet protest of less than two hundred students and faculty members against Dick Cheney's policies at Brigham Young University, where Cheney will speak at April commencement, was big enough to report. Weird. Weird.
NPR I can understand, even MTV News, but Al Jazeera? Students in Lebanon are applauding BYU's protest! Why do they care? Portland has protests, big protests, against Bush and Cheney practically every week, but even NPR doesn't care.
As J. C. Bollers told the Daily Universe, "This is probably the most boring protest ever."
Someone tell Al Jazeera and the authors of 171 other news sources around the world who covered the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home