1.12.07

Thoughts on the First Snowfall (excepting that weird flurry in September)

  • All of those little rips in my Keds are suddenly more than just an aesthetic problem.
  • I'm amazed that I still remember which corners on the way to campus have the treacherous six inches of icy water covered in deceptive street-level snow.
  • If the mountain passes between Washington and Utah are too snowy the weekend before Christmas, my dad's gonna leave me here until they clear. Today this seems more likely.
  • Drivers are much less likely to stop at stop signs when there's snow. Even when a short young woman is crossing the street right in front of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger travis said...

Is it wrong for me to be jealous? I want snow and mountains and other than 80 degree days. New Orleans is hot and muggy, is the point I am trying to make.

Joyeux Noël!

2.12.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home