21.2.06

Self-Improvment Plan Revision

So, my old goal for this year was to talk less and listen more. But why should I, when everything I have to say is superiorly interesting and relevant? Anyway, I discovered a new goal while reading The Belching One's psychology text instead of my self-impressed literature text last night (Isn't it amazing that everyone else's textbooks are so much more compelling than mine?): Sleep!
Sleep bulimia, getting very little sleep during the week and then purging on the weekend, is making me stupid. I mean, stupider. Without enough REM sleep after learning new information, research subjects retained less of the information than those who were allowed lots of REM sleep. Assuming that I am no different than a research subject, I need to get enough REM cycles each night or else Arabic and phonetic trascription is never gonna stick in my brain. And the fact that I usually experience many wild, intricate dreams when I do sleep for a long time, something I was so proud of as a storycrafter, just means that my brain is frantically trying to make up for the REM deficiency.
It's fine, as long as I don't have any more dreams about certain people's mothers and heavy rolls of quarters. That was horrid.
Otherwise, I rose today at 6:08 filled with hope. My day became progressively worse from then on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home