13.3.06

Pearls of Wisdom from My Extensive Collection of Virginal Make-out Music

Love burns brighter than sunshine – Matt Hales (a.k.a. Aqualung)

If you love somebody and bite your tongue, all you'll get is a mouthful of blood – The Fruit Bats

Vows are spoken to be broken. Feelings are intense: words are trivial … All I ever needed is here in my arms: words are very unnecessary; they can only do harm – Depeche Mode

Diamonds, they fade, and flowers, they bloom; and I'm telling you: these feelings won't go away; they've been knocking me sideways – Clarence Greenwood (a.k.a. Citizen Cope)

Oh, adhere to me, for we are bound by symmetry – The Decemberists

I will die with both my hands untied – Morrissey

Don’t you know, at your fingertips arrayed, there’s a universe of atoms that thinks you’re real something? Don’t you know, in this new dark age, we’re all light? – XTC

You said something stupid like, "Love steals us from loneliness." Happy birthday, are you lonely yet? – Idlewild

The fallen are the virtuous among us, walk among us; if you judge us, we're all damned – Franz Ferdinand

Love is not a victory march; it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright

This could be the very minute I'm aware I'm alive: all these places feel like home – Snow Patrol

We know of an ancient radiation that haunts dismembered constellations, a faintly glimmering radio station – Cake

I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle-pieces from the clay – The Postal Service

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart – Coldplay

Portraits hung in empty halls, frameless heads on nameless walls, with eyes that watch the world and can't forget – Don McLean

You smile like a saint, but you curse like a sailor, and your eyes say the joke's on me – Chris Carrabba (a.k.a. Dashboard Confessional)

How can we dance when our earth is turning? And how do we sleep while our beds are burning? – Midnight Oil

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, that the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had – Gary Jules

The actors did their best to lay some worth on every word, like coffins dropped into the earth: the saddest song we've ever heard – Bright Eyes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home