17.3.06

Update

It cost me $35.49 to print two double-spaced and two 10-font single-spaced manuscripts at the print shop today. They came out of a gigantic printer that spits out 120 pages a minute. 120 pages! Wow.
Anyway, the people at the Publishing Lab basically sit around and talk all day. I was the only client there during a two-hour period today. They were both helpful and not—I suppose I should not expect too much for a free service (free for me, I mean). Now I have to go through an enormous list of publishing houses, presses, and agents and find some to query. Most agencies respond faster than publishers, so I guess I'll just take my chances. But, what address should I put on my SASE? I'm moving out of here in a month, so maybe I should have them sent to my aunt's? Or my parents?
Publishers should be more considerate towards transient authoresses.
I had a long conversation with The Artiste One and Allie today. It motivated me to fret about the Golden Apple and an Invisible Heaven. I need to write it! Especially since then, certain good-looking publishing-lab-people will not look at me weird when I tell them the genre of my book. There is nothing wrong with romance if it's well-written! And it's not an LDS romance, okay?! I'd rather die than write one of those.
Anyway, the Golden Apple and an Invisible Heaven is, or will be, a post-Modernist Pacific Northwestern literary novel with an anti-hero and a foil and moral relativity and everything. That's so hot on The Oregonian's book reviews right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home