30.5.06

To the nerds of the world

Do not condecend.
Though I may nod and give
a tight-lipped smile,
I am thinking about how
you are not in high school
(where you were so far down on
the male food chain
that you decided to lord it
over the girls: if you
ever ran into me in that stage
I would have stared at you
until you stuttered and blushed
and then taken apart your
flimsy Tetris fortress
until your invisibility
was naked)
and now you can
pretend that you make more
than Mr. Popular (though
in reality his smile-skills carried
him to seven-figures in a corner office
and your C++-skills have you
in the basement), so stop
whining about football.

2 Comments:

Blogger NWJR said...

"Mr. Popular" from my High School was a good friend of mine, despite the fact that our social status could not have been more disparate. This former Homecoming King and all-around popular guy now lives with his mother and sells life insurance.

So much for "seven-figures in a corner office". The cool car and hot girlfriend only gets you so far in the real world.

31.5.06  
Blogger Bethylene said...

Well, I was thinking more the ASB President type of Mr. Popular, the one who has six scholarship offers and six thousand friends. But the fact that you care kinda proves my point, doesn't it?

1.6.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home