16.4.06

Ways to make my life interesting enough for me to be truly literary:

  • Live on the streets of San Francisco for eight months
  • Acquire a brilliant, abusive boyfriend
  • Join a gang
  • Snap, be committed, go through electric shock treatments, get better
  • Become addicted to some glamorous upper, like coke, not a depressant like alcohol or marijuana because it would make me fat, and climb up from rock bottom in a miraculous recovery
  • Marry a gypsy
  • Find out I am really a gypsy named Elisabeta
  • Develop a pretty disease, like consumption, and publicly waste away in a serene setting
  • Get an exotic lover
  • Have an exotic baby
  • Attempt suicide a few times
  • Make my own clothes out of thrift-store finds and glitter
  • Run away to Europe and walk around Córdoba bare-legged until someone takes me in
  • Hang around Richmond until I have witnessed a few murders
  • Cry in public places without my nose running
  • Take care of my brother and sister after my parents suddenly die
  • Grow ten inches, be discovered as a model, discover the dark fashion underworld, find out that quitting it is harder than I thought
  • Sprout wings
  • Pose for an up-and-coming artist who is obsessed with me
  • Work as an au pair for the rich and famous, get into all sorts of scrapes with employers and yard guys alike
  • Travel to México and perfect my Spanish with a laborer named Juan or Carlos
  • Stop eating
  • Build a beach hut near Capitola and live as a wild woman
  • Wander the streets of old Savannah late at night in a white lacy dress
  • Wash up on a private Greek beach disoriented and amnesiatic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home