1.11.06

Grace

Hold Thou, Greatest Thou,
Highest King,
Heavenly Father,
Father of my spirit,
Creator of my soul!

Thou who beholdst the infinite possibilities
of every fragile human life
spread tangling and gleaming before Him in the sky,
Hold Thou! That I might hold Thee,
for I am weak and bemused.

So mightily doth Thy Presence,
a Still, Small, Rushing of Great Waters
fill me,
and so quickly doth my feeble mind
let Living Water drain away.

O, that I might remember the Sun's brilliant warmth
when night cometh,
than worship the moon in His place!
O, that I might patch up every tear
in the fibers of my being,
and endure an endless epiphany!

Even in this, my weakness,
Thou giv'st me strength.
Even when I neglect Thee
and set Thee at naught,
Thou walkest beside me.

In a thousand thousand millennia,
I can never repay Thee for
these twenty years in which Thou,
with Thy Supreme Knowledge of
my destinies, guided my faltering stride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home