29.9.07

I been to Georgia on a fast train, honey

My new fascination: Georgia. The country, of course, although Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil really made me want to see Savannah at least once before I die.
Georgia has the coolest script! This is Georgia (Sakartvelo) in Georgian: საქართველო. Awesome, huh? But I already knew that. It took a recent BBC report that Georgians are rallying against their possibly corrupt and murderous leader to get me to dig deeper. Georgia is beautiful! Just look at these pictures from Wikipedia!

1 Comments:

Blogger travis said...

Georgia is a wonderful country. While stationed in Germany, one of the Marines we were looking after was in charge of a training team involved with bringing the Georgian Army into the 21st Century. They are great people, and their skills as soldiers improve seemingly overnight. Australia is the only place I have ever felt more welcome, outside the States, that is.

Plus, I love the Shaver reference...

1.10.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home