9.12.07

The Perfect Man

Christa has posted a list of the qualities of her perfect man (though I think she really should have included something about looking good with facial hair, since she talks about bearded hotties all the time). It's a good idea, so I think I will emulate it.

If I could stumble onto the perfect man, he would
a. have dark hair (his skin can be any color as long as his hair's dark);
b. teach political science;
c. believe in God's love rather than God's punishments;
d. want 2.5 children;
e. be a little reserved in company;
f. strive for high ideals like truth, equality, sustainability, and harmony;
g. speak at least three languages;
h. have a best friend;
i. appreciate Iron & Wine on summer evenings and Carlos Montoya on autumn ones;
j. love me to pieces;
k. kiss really, really well;
l. understand my need for a 1920s gingerbread house; and
m. know that arguing can be healthy.

So if Christa wants a five-year-old, I want a fifty-five-year-old. Awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger travis said...

a. darker, but not dark.
b. current student of all, professor to any who'll listen.
d. need (not want) 3+
g. fluent American and English, passable French; pursuing German, Japanese and Pashtun.

Not that I am applying. But I am always happy to submit resumes.

I shouldn't be so pleased to laugh at myself so much.

10.12.07  
Blogger travis said...

In all of my assorted hilarity, you picked up on "d" and went after me about kids. Whatever. Once again, the youngster speaks out of turn...

LOL

10.12.07  
Blogger travis said...

Why are they relegated to being just playmates? Shouldn't assume...

I like the idea of teaching and mentoring, I have a lot to offer in that field. I look forward to the time when I finally take this uniform off for good, and don the professorial robe.

Until then, though, I take pride in what can be accomplished through my junior Marines, watching them learn from my own triumphs and (more importantly) mistakes. I think I should point out, though, that they may well be teaching me quite a bit more than I have taught them...

11.12.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home