24.3.06

Gravedigger

Why do people here have to be so darn polite? They pepper their conversations with "I'm sorry", "Just kidding", and "How are you?", but they never actually show that they feel anything. It's like everyone is on lithium.
Why is it crazy to not express any sort of feeling beyond mild enthusiasm? Isn't it crazier to suppress perfectly healthy emotions?
For the past three months, not to mention last semester, I have tried to make my face cold as a gravestone, and to bury any momentary frustration, anger, doubt, attraction, joy, apprehension, excitement, or misery behind it. Instead of having an emotion over and done with in an instant, I shoved so many into the dark earth that the grave is bulging. The rising dead are choking me with bursts of acid in my mouth. At this point I can only stare dully at a wall or screen; anything else risks an explosion.
I want to scream and cry and leap and sing and break things and embrace three months worth of disinterred passion! The other gravestones would commit me—I'd say feelings don't make you crazy, hiding them does.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we're all use to the norm of society being on anti-depressaents?

i need to bring back your cd, but it's oh so good, the chimbley sweep is breathtaking

-Me the wicked hot one (aka Mark)

25.3.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home