23.1.08

Future Plan #679

When I return from wherever my church sends me on a mission, I think I may open a stationary and office supply store in Camas or eastern Vancouver. The need is definitely there: the closest office supply store is a very ghetto OfficeMax way down Mill Plain. I could use my design skills to create résumés, wedding invitations, and fliers too. My mom already has a bunch of insanely practical ideas about whom I could go to for help (who knew there was a organization of retired small business owners just waiting to advise people like me?) and what kind of loans would be best. My dad thought it was a dumb idea (shock of the year!).
I could call it the Necessary. Maybe that's too glib.
Anyone wanna give me business tips?

1 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Ahhhh I'm so excited to hear about your call!!!! If you don't call me the minute (okay, maybe within the hour) that you open it, I'll be heartbroken. But not so much that I won't write you... =)

And a stationary store? YES. Do it. =)

24.1.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home